Apply for Space
Studio Space Waitlist
Thank you for opting in to cSPACE’s studio and work space waitlist. By joining this list, you are signing up for notices about space availability at our Marda Loop hub. All artist applications are reviewed to make sure applicants meet our criteria for professional status, as outlined by the Draft Canadian Artist Code.
Please ensure the following materials are prepared before beginning the application form. If you are applying for work space as an individual artist, please include:
- A statement about the proposed use of a studio in practicing their craft.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae detailing professional qualifications, exhibition/commission history, education, representation and any other relevant experience.
If you are applying for work space as a non-profit or charitable organization, please include:
- A letter of intent describing the proposed use of your space.
- Your organization’s history and mandate.
- Proof of non-profit or charitable status (registration #, incorporation docs).
Please note that wait times vary depending on the type of space desired – our spaces are in high demand and we have low turn-over rates among tenants. Those on our waitlist are notified first of availability and given priority.
Apply for a Studio
Apply for Co-Working
The Sandbox at cSPACE Marda Loop is Calgary’s most inspiring coworking space for creativity, innovation and collaboration.
The Space Pilot is a cSPACE Projects initiative that involves partnering with commercial landlords to activate their underused spaces with artists who need space. This type of leasing model is popular in the UK and known as a Meanwhile Lease that exists on a month-to-month basis.